"As surely as there is a voyage away, there is a journey home."
-Jack Kornfield

12 October 2007









As I get ready, prepare to leave this island home, it dawns on me again. The impermanence and transience of all things. Nothing will remain as it is; this is the natural way of the world. Putting all of what remains of my worldly possessions into my old green backpack, condensing my material life into this tiny bit of space, what a freeing emotion. The moment brings a smile to my face; so many memories began in this same place, in the same nervous excitedness that pumps in my chest; my personal legend written as a nomad's life, free to explore, free to experience, free to revel in the impermanence of this existance. One thing is for sure. I will miss this place, it is a special space, a certain moment in time that will always give me strength and comfort. Time for the next.


A few photos from my village's going away party yesterday, which was very special.
More new/old pics to be found at my Picassa site.... http://picasaweb.google.com/JeffreyHDow


"a journey, one hopes, will become its own justification, will assume patterns, reveal its possibilities-reveal, even, its layers of meaning-as one goes along, trusting to chance, to instinct, to hunch. When you start off you do not necessarily know where you are going or why."

-Shiva Naupaul


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHUS1CZS36Q a great 10 minute India travelogue