"As surely as there is a voyage away, there is a journey home."
-Jack Kornfield

03 January 2008

Moving On

"Human desires are endless. Its like the thirst of a man who drinks salt water:
he gets no satisfaction, and his thirst is only increased."
Bukkyo Dendo Kyokal


I set off tomorrow on a journey, from coast to coast, from west to east, from Arabian
Sea to Indian Ocean. It will be a long journey, expansive, a time for reflection, as this
experience begins to near closure, my mind will settle with the rhythmic rockings of
the rail cars, the verdent greens and earth browns of the heart of this great country,
stillness pervading within.

I've fallen for this place, the smiles as genuine and reassuring as the rolling of the majestic
sea onto the golden sands, its a special space. But nothing has permanence, this I have
reflected on, meditated on countless hours, this place, the brief love that my heart has fallen
into for an angel of a girl, what I leave with is a smile, a warmness in my heart, my mind, my soul.